This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
Parallax ActivityBot Encoder Kit
This kit equips the ActivityBot Robot to make consistent maneuvers, when paired with the ActivityBot Wheels and Tires. The encoder sensors mount next to the wheels, emitting infrared light and detecting reflections as the spokes pass by.
- Modulated infrared sensors reduce interference from ambient light
- Socketed encoder cables connect to the robot's breadboard or the servo headers
- Mounting hardware and resistors included
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 60 mA
- Communication: Active-high (Vcc = reflection detected)
- Operating temperature range: +14 to +140 °F (-10 to +60 °C)
- (2) IR reflective sensors
- (2) Encoder cables
- (2) 20 k-ohm 1/4 W resistors
- (2) Encoder mounting brackets
- (2) #4-40 x 1/4" black machine screws