This breakout board makes it easy to use the tiny MMA8452Q accelerometer in your project. The MMA8452Q is a smart low-power, three-axis, capacitive MEMS accelerometer with 12 bits of resolution. This accelerometer is packed with embedded functions with flexible user programmable options, configurable to two interrupt pins. Embedded interrupt functions allow for overall power savings relieving the host processor from continuously polling data.
The MMA8452Q has user selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g with high pass filtered data as well as non filtered data available real-time. The device can be configured to generate inertial wake-up interrupt signals from any combination of the configurable embedded functions allowing the MMA8452Q to monitor events and remain in a low power mode during periods of inactivity.
This board breaks out the ground, power, I2C and two external interrupt pins.
- 1.95 V to 3.6 V supply voltage
- 1.6 V to 3.6 V interface voltage
- ±2g/±4g/±8g dynamically selectable full-scale
- Output Data Rates (ODR) from 1.56 Hz to 800 Hz
- 12-bit and 8-bit digital output
- I2C digital output interface (operates to 2.25 MHz with 4.7 kΩ pullup)
- Two programmable interrupt pins for six interrupt sources
- Three embedded channels of motion detection
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape) detection with set hysteresis
- High Pass Filter Data available real-time
- Current Consumption: 6 μA – 165 μA
We Also Recommend
Adafruit Triple-axis Accelerometer+Magnetometer (Compass) Board - LSM303
Raspberry Pi Sense HAT (with Orientation, Pressure, Humidity and Temperature Sensors)
Pololu MinIMU-9 v5 Gyro, Accelerometer, and Compass (LSM6DS33 and LIS3MDL) Carrier