This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
XBee Pro 802.15.4 (63 mW - RPSMA Connector)
This is the very popular 2.4GHz XBee module from Digi. These modules take the 802.15.4 stack (the basis for Zigbee) and wrap it into a simple to use serial command set. These modules allow a very reliable and simple communication between microcontrollers, computers, systems, really anything with a serial port! Point to point and multi-point networks are supported.
Note: If you are using these outside of Canada/US, please check with your local laws regarding radio communication.
Note: If you want to using Zigbee protocol, please select a Zigbee radio instead.
- Power output: 63 mW (+18 dBm) North American version
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 300 ft (90 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range: Up to 1 mile (1.6 km) RF LOS
- RF data rate: 250 Kbps
- Interface data rate: Up to 115.2 Kbps
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Receiver sensitivity: -100 dBm (all variants)
- Spread Spectrum type: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, & peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgements
- Filtration options: PAN ID, Channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Channel capacity: XBee-PRO: 12 Channels
- Addressing: 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
- Supply voltage: XBee-PRO: 2.8 - 3.4 VDC
- Transmit current: XBee-PRO: 215 mA (@ 3.3 V)
- Receive current: XBee-PRO: 55 mA (@ 3.3 V)
- Power-down sleep current: XBee-PRO: <10 µA at 25° C
- Frequency band: 2.4000 - 2.4835 GHz
- Interface options: 3V CMOS UART
- Size: XBee-PRO: 0.960 in x 1.297 in (2.438 cm x 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Antenna options: U.FL, Reverse Polarity SMA (RPSMA), chip antenna or wired whip antenna
- Operating temperature: -40° C to 85° C (industrial)
- FCC: Yes
- IC: Yes
- Europe/ETSI: Yes
- Australia/Ctick: Yes
- RoHS: Compliant