The L298 is a popular motor driver IC that is usable from 6 to 50V, at up to 4A total output current. By itself, the IC is somewhat difficult to wire and use, but the Compact L298 Motor Driver makes it much more convenient to use.
Featuring dual H-bridges, our CMD kit adds:
- Four motor direction indicator LEDs
- An onboard user-accessible 5V low-dropout regulator
- Schottky EMF-protection diodes
- Screw-terminals for power and motor connections
- Socket pin connectors for easy logic interfacing
- A small 40mm (1.53") square footprint