This gearmotor is a powerful 12V brushed DC motor with a 70:1 metal gearbox and an integrated quadrature encoder that provides a resolution of 64 counts per revolution of the motor shaft, which corresponds to 4480 counts per revolution of the gearbox’s output shaft. The gearbox is composed mainly of spur gears, but it features helical gears for the first stage for reduced noise and improved efficiency. These units have a 16 mm-long, 6 mm-diameter D-shaped output shaft.
|voltage||no-load performance||stall extrapolation|
|12 V||150 RPM, 200 mA||27 kg⋅cm (380 oz⋅in), 5.5 A|
Dimensions of the 37D metal gearmotors with 64 CPR encoders. Units are mm over [inches].
|Size:||37D × 70L mm1|
|Shaft diameter:||6 mm2|
|No-load speed @ 12V:||150 rpm|
|No-load current @ 12V:||0.2 A|
|Stall current @ 12V:||5.5 A3|
|Stall torque @ 12V:||27 kg·cm3|
|Max output power @ 12V:||10 W4|
|No-load speed @ 6V:||73 rpm5|
|No-load current @ 6V:||0.15 A5|
|Stall current @ 6V:||3.0 A5|
|Stall torque @ 6V:||16 kg·cm5|
Performance at maximum efficiency
|Max efficiency @ 12V:||52 %|
|Speed at max efficiency:||130 rpm|
|Torque at max efficiency:||3.2 kg·cm|
|Current at max efficiency:||0.68 A|
|Output power at max efficiency:||4.2 W|
|Lead length:||20 cm6|
|Encoder resolution:||64 CPR|
- 1. Length measurement is from gearbox face plate to back of encoder cap (it does not include the output shaft). See dimension diagram for details.
- 2. D shaft.
- 3. Stalling is likely to damage the gearmotor. Stall parameters come from a theoretical extrapolation of performance at loads far from stall. As the motor heats up, as happens as it approaches an actual stall, the stall torque and current decrease.
- 4. This is the output power at the maximum recommended operating load of 10 kg⋅cm; higher power might be achievable for brief durations at higher loads (see performance graphs in the datasheet).
- 5. This motor will run at 6 V but is intended for operation at 12 V.
- 6. May vary by a few centimeters.
We Also Recommend
Hobby Gearmotor - 125 RPM (with leads and male pins)
Hobby DC Motor (130-Size) with Lead