This is a great battery-backed real time clock (RTC) that allows your microcontroller project to keep track of time even if it is reprogrammed, or if the power is lost. Perfect for datalogging, clock-building, time stamping, timers and alarms, etc. Equipped with PCF8523 RTC - it can run from 3.3V or 5V power & logic!
Works great with an Arduino using our RTC library.
- PCB & header are included
- Plugs into any breadboard, or you can use wires
- Two mounting holes
- Will keep time for 5 years or more
Note: This product does not come with a CR1220 coin cell battery.
- As of Aug 30, 2017 we have updated the design to have an RC filter on the power supply to reduce accidental resetting if power drops too fast!
- Length: 25.8mm/1.02in
- Width: 21.8mm/0.86in
- Height: 5mm/0.2in
- Weight: 2.3g/0.09oz
- Mounting holes are 2.2mm(0.086in) diameter, 25mm(0.98in) apart
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x68
We Also Recommend
Adafruit PowerBoost 1000 Charger (Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C)
Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino (v2.3)
Adafruit PowerBoost 500 Charger (Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 500ma+)
Adafruit DC Motor & Stepper Motor HAT for Raspberry Pi