This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
SparkFun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout (MMA7361)
This is a breakout board for Freescale's MMA7361L three-axis analog accelerometer. The sensor requires a very low amount of power and has a g-select input which switches the accelerometer between ±1.5g and ±6g measurement ranges. Other features include a sleep mode, signal conditioning, a 1-pole low pass filter, temperature compensation, self test, and 0g-detect which detects linear freefall. Zero-g offset and sensitivity are factory set and require no external devices.
This breadboard friendly board breaks out every pin of the MMA7361L to a 9-pin, 0.1" pitch header. The sensor works on power between 2.2 and 3.6VDC (3.3V optimal), and typically consumes just 400µA of current. All three axes have their own analog output.
- Two selectable measuring ranges (±1.5g, ±6g)
- Breadboard friendly - 0.1" pitch header
- Low current consumption: 400 µA
- Sleep mode: 3 µA
- Low voltage operation: 2.2 V - 3.6 V
- High sensitivity (800 mV/g at 1.5g)
- Fast turn on time (0.5 ms enable response time)
- Self test for freefall detect diagnosis
- 0g-Detect for freefall protection
- Signal conditioning with low pass filter
- Robust design, high shocks survivability
Dimensions: 0.90 x 0.50"
We Also Recommend
Adafruit Triple-axis Accelerometer+Magnetometer (Compass) Board - LSM303
Raspberry Pi Sense HAT (with Orientation, Pressure, Humidity and Temperature Sensors)
Pololu MinIMU-9 v5 Gyro, Accelerometer, and Compass (LSM6DS33 and LIS3MDL) Carrier