This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
Arduino Mega ADK Rev3 (Retail) (from arduino.cc)
The Arduino MEGA ADK is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega2560. It has a USB host interface to connect with Android based phones, based on the MAX3421e IC. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 15 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button.
The MEGA ADK is based on the Mega 2560.
Similar to the Mega 2560 and Uno, it features an ATmega8U2 programmed as a USB-to-serial converter.
of the Mega ADK board has a resistor pulling the 8U2 HWB line to ground, making it easier to put into DFU mode.
of the board has the following new features:
- 1.0 pinout: added SDA and SCL pins that are near to the AREF pin and two other new pins placed near to the RESET pin, the IOREF that allows the shields to adapt to the voltage provided from the board. In future, shields will be compatible both with the board that uses the AVR, which operates with 5V and with the Arduino Due that operates with 3.3V. The second one is a not connected pin, that is reserved for future purposes.
- Stronger RESET circuit.
- Microcontroller: ATmega2560
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 54 (of which 15 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 16
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 8 KB
- EEPROM: 4 KB
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- USB Host Chip: MAX3421E
- Length: 101.52 mm
- Width: 53.3 mm
- Weight: 36 g