Our very popular Robotics Shield Kit is now available in a complete package that includes an Arduino Uno and programming cable. Learn Arduino programming, robotics, and circuit-building all together by following our free, step-by-step web tutorials.
Suitable for hobbyists, robotics summer camps, and grade 7-12 classrooms. Building the robot takes about an hour, and the online tutorial includes 40 hands-on activities. The assembled robot fits back in its box for safe-keeping between activities.
- Arduino Uno
- USB A to B cable
- Board of Education Shield PCB
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis
- Continuous rotation servos (50 RPM) and wheels
- 5-cell AA battery pack
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the tutorial activities
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws, and standoffs)
- Parallax Screwdriver
- Complete — just add batteries!
- Beginner-friendly — No programming experience needed
- Solder-free — Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand connectors)
- Understandable — Free, easy-to-follow web tutorials and example code downloads
- Autonomous — DIY touch, light, and infrared sensor circuits let the Shield-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable — Additional sensors and hardware accessory kits are available to get the most out of your robot.
- Affordable — Educator discounts available at any quantity
- A robot friend for your home
- "Staff" for your Robotics Summer Camp
- A fleet of robots for your classroom
Note: Requires five 1.5 V AA batteries, not included. For use with six 1.2 V rechargeable batteries, add a Boe-Boost module, sold separately.