This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
Parallax Propeller Project Board USB
Rev.D now available!
This board is for projects that need a permanent home. Its low cost, feature-rich, and simple design is ideal for most any project using the Propeller P8X32A multicore microcontroller. The core Propeller programming circuitry is built into the board, with access to all 32 I/O pins.
Thoughtful features such as power and over-voltage LEDs and well-placed labels on both sides of the board help make circuit-building fast and accurate. The reset button, USB, power, and optional connectors are all set at right angles for easy access when the finished project is mounted in an enclosure.
- Programming-ready with surface-mount Propeller P8X32A, 64 KB EEPROM, and 5 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B connector for programming and power is compatible with USB charging devices
- Large 5.75 square-inch prototyping area with 580 thru-hole connections provides plenty of room for your project's components
- Built-in pads and circuitry make it easy to add a microSD card holder and VGA connector
- SOT-23 pads and custom-designed 64-pin SMT pads accommodate a wide variety of IC packages
- 40-pin header accepts add-on boards made for the Propeller QuickStart
- Surface-mount Propeller P8X32A-Q44
- 64 KB EEPROM
- 5.00 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B programming
- 64-pin SMT pads for SO type SMD, 0603, 0805, 1206, SOT-223, CDFP and SSOP
- Power and Over Voltage LEDs
- 16 labeled SOT-23 pads
- Pads and circuitry for optional VGA connector (#451-02061)
- Pads and circuitry for optional microSD card holder (#452-10017)
- External power pads accept 12 AWG wire, alligator clips, screw terminal (#452-00012), or center-positive barrel jack connector (#452-00007)
- VIN on board 16V @ 3Amax
- 3.3VDC Switching Regulator 1A
- VIN on board 16V @ 3 A max
- Power Requirements: USB power or 5 to 16 VDC via external input
- Communication: USB Mini-B for serial-over-USB
- Dimensions: 3.05 X 4 in (7.7 X 10.2 cm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)