This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
Parallax Prop Plug
The Prop Plug provides a USB-to-serial port connection that is convenient for microcontroller programming and communication. This tiny device is capable of asynchronous communication at up to a 3 M baud with both 3.3-volt and 5.0-volt devices such as the Propeller and BASIC Stamp. The Prop Plug slips onto a 4-pin, 0.1" spaced header, allowing both printed circuit boards and breadboards to provide in-circuit programming capability.
- USB to serial port conversion
- Capable of asynchronous communication up to 3 M baud
- Compatible with 3.3 and 5 V microcontrollers
- Connects to a 4-pin, 0.1" spaced header
- Includes USB A to Mini B Cable
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC (supplied by USB port)
- Current requirements: ~15mA (typical)
- Communication: asynchronous serial @ up to 3Mbps
- Dimensions: 1.27 x 0.51 x 0.31 in (32.25 x 12.85 x 7.75 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)