These boost (step-up) voltage regulators generate higher output voltages from input voltages as low as 2.5 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency between 80% to 90%. The available output current is a function of the input voltage, output voltage, and efficiency, but the input current can typically be as high as 1.4 A. This regulator is available with a fixed 5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output:
The regulator’s thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating, but it does not have short-circuit or reverse-voltage protection.
- input voltage: 2.5 V – VOUT
- fixed 5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- 1.4 A switch allows for input currents up to 1.4 A
- 2 mA typical no-load quiescent current
- integrated over-temperature shutoff
- small size: 0.515″ × 0.32″ × 0.1″ (13 × 8 × 3 mm)