This item is archived from our catalog and no longer for sale. This page is available as a reference only.
Pololu 5V 600mA Step-Down Voltage Regulator (6-42V Input D24V6F5)
These buck (step-down) voltage regulators generate lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 42 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency between 80% to 90%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. This regulator is available with a fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output, and two versions are available for each voltage, one with a 300 mA maximum output current (D24V3Fx) and one with a 600 mA maximum output current (D24V6Fx):
The regulator has short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating. The board does not have reverse-voltage protection.
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 42 V (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Maximum output current: 300 mA or 600 mA (depending on regulator version)
- 1.25 MHz switching frequency
- 2 mA typical no-load quiescent current (20 μA typical quiescent current with SHDN = LOW)
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.5″ × 0.4″ × 0.1″ (13 mm × 10 mm × 3 mm)