The Arduino 9 Axes Motion Shield is based on the BNO055 absolute orientation sensor (datasheet) from Bosch Sensortec GmbH.
The BNO055 is a System in Package (SiP), integrating a triaxial 14-bit accelerometer, a triaxial 16-bit gyroscope with a range of ±2000 degrees per second, a triaxial geomagnetic sensor and a 32-bit microcontroller running the BSX3.0 FusionLib software.
The sensor features three-dimensional acceleration, yaw rate and magnetic field strength data each in 3 perpendicular axes.
It also provides the sensor fusion signals such as:
- Euler angles
- Rotation vector
- Linear acceleration
- Gravity vector
In addition, it incorporates an intelligent interrupt engine, which allows for triggering interrupts based on
- slow or no motion recognition
- any motion (slope) detection
The shield is TinkerKit compatible, which means you can quickly create projects by plugging TinkerKit modules to the board.
Input and Output
The shield features several TinkerKit input/output and communication interfaces. Connecting TinkerKit modules can simplify the creation of a project or a prototype.
The on-board connectors are :
- 2 TinkerKit Inputs: IN2 and IN3 (in white), these connectors are routed to the Arduino A2 and A3 analog input pins.
- 2 TinkerKit Outputs: OUT5 and OUT6 (in orange), these connectors are routed to the Arduino PWM outputs on pins 5 and 6.
- 2 TinkerKit TWI: these connectors (4-pin in white) are routed on the Arduino TWI interface. Both connect to the same TWI interface to allow you to create a chain of TWI devices.
The Arduino 9 Axes Motion Shield is compatible with Uno, Yùn, Leonardo, Ethernet, Mega and Due boards. When using the Arduino 9 Axes Motion Shield, be sure to solder the Interrupt bridge and Reset bridge in the correct position depending on the board used. See table:
|BOARD||INTERRUPT PIN||RESET PIN|
For example to use 9 Axes Motion Shield with ArduinoUNO solder the Interrupt bridge on the pin D2.
We Also Recommend
Adafruit Triple-axis Accelerometer+Magnetometer (Compass) Board - LSM303
Raspberry Pi Sense HAT (with Orientation, Pressure, Humidity and Temperature Sensors)